1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Wednesday 19 August
Time: 10:00 AM (CEST) - 3:00 PM (ICT) - 4:00 PM (PHT)
2. Event Overview:
While having caused considerable impacts on a global scale, COVID-19 continues to pose a significant threat to individuals and the world economy. With this, it goes without saying that finding a cure to this disease is one of the most crucial health interventions to this world crisis. As pharmaceutical companies and health experts remain to be in search of a COVID-19 vaccine, several factors that will affect its development, production, and distribution should be taken into great consideration. One of these factors is health intellectual property.
At this webinar organized by the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP) and South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk, entitled “Intellectual Property and the Search for COVID-19 Vaccine” on 19 August, we will be talking about:
- Overview of COVID-19 in the Philippines and the region;
- How Intellectual Property (IP) affects the healthcare sector;
- Updates in the search for vaccine and treatment for the coronavirus disease 2019;
- IP rights in drugs and medicines, with focus on vaccines/research and development of vaccines;
- Ownership of IP rights in vaccines;
- Issues in IP management/licensing of vaccines, including compulsory licensing.
- Atty. Edmund Baranda | Rouse & SEA IPR SME Helpdesk
- Atty. Amormio “Mon” Santiago | Roche (Philippines) Inc.
10:00 AM - 10:05 AMCall to Order & Introduction of Speakers
10:05 AM - 10:10 AMIntroduction of Speakers
10:10 AM - 10:30 AMPresentation by Atty. Mon Santiago Senior Manager, Legal Affairs & Compliance Roche (Philippines) Inc.
10:30 AM - 10:50 AMIP Presentation by Atty. Edmund Baranda External Expert South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk
10:50 AM - 11:25 AMOpen Forum: - Atty. Mon Santiago Senior Manager, Legal Affairs & Compliance - Roche (Philippines) Inc. - Atty. Edmund Baranda External Expert - South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk
11:25 AM - 11:30 AMClosing Remarks