Mandalay is located in Myanmar’s central region and is the economic center of upper Myanmar as well as the second largest city with a population of 1.2 million people. It is located on the bank of the Ayarwaddy river which is the main water channel from North to South until Andaman sea. The Mandalay regional government is currently looking at developing Public Private Partnership (PPP) models on Infrastructure development projects. Since it was established in 2017, the Mandalay Investment Commission has approved five domestic investments and five foreign investments, totalling 10 investments within nine months, according to the regional Directorate of Investment and Company Administration.
- Mandalay has set its sight on further industrialisation and enhancement of its economic condition due to its location along Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) Economic Corridors.
- Centrally located a Trade Hub in Myanmar
- Opportunities in light manufacturing, agro-business and food processing, tourism and logistics.
- Accessibility of Mandalay such as Asian Highway Hub (AH1,2,14), Trans Asian Railway Hub, Inland Waterway, International Airport.
- Employee attraction and retention
- Lack of access to reliable electricity
- Lack of skilled labours
TOPICS : Regulatory & Policy constraints in upper Myanmar – Government and MRCCI relations - EU companies share of experiences in doing business in Mandalay
LOCATION : MRCCI conference room (TBC)
GUESTS : Heads of Mission, Trade counsellors, MRCCI representatives, Mandalay regional Government, private sector companies interested in upper Myanmar. This event will be a Public event advertised on EuroCham website and newsletter.
21st May 2019
11:20 - 11:40 Myanmar Intellectual Property rights
Marta Bettinazzi, IP Business Advisor