Helpdesk webinars feature a presentation and Q&A session with an ASEAN intellectual property and business expert. Click below to listen to the recordings of our previous webinars and learn more our upcoming ones.
For European businesses, technology transfer is often necessary to maximise the productive and profitable potential of operations in ASEAN countries, especially in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia where competition in all sectors is rapidly increasing.
However, your technology is a key factor to your competiveness thus it is crucial to safeguard the associated intellectual property. In this webinar, you will receive practical information about the common pitfalls related to technology transfer to Southeast Asia. ASEAN IPR SME expert, Philippe Deltombe will outline strategies your SME can easily and cost-effectively adopt to protect your innovations in the ASEAN region.
- Thinking of Transferring Technology? – The first steps
- Picking the Right Partners
- Structuring your Technology Transfer
- Making Headway in Southeast Asia
- Case Studies
- Take-away Messages
When it comes to IP, the best prevention is protection. However, it is equally important to enforce your rights assertively if they are infringed; failing to do so could irrevocably damage your reputation and blunt your competitiveness. Many SMEs think that enforcement is burdensome and expensive, but there are plenty of cost-effective measures to consider in order to tackle enforcement of intellectual property rights in Southeast Asia.
In this webinar session, you will receive key, practical information on how to protect your ideas and innovations when conducting business in/with the ASEAN region. ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk expert, Rupert Ross-Macdonald presents how to deal with infringement of intellectual property rights, including:
- Overview of IP in ASEAN - national IPR systems and enforcement options available
- Focus on five emerging markets (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Myanmar)
- IPR protection - the important points to know
- IPR enforcement - the most effective strategies
- Enforcement case examples
- Key tips for avoiding the pitfalls
Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei have seen have seen rapid economic progress over the last decade, offering a wealth of opportunities for European companies. Cambodia’s economy has been growing by more than 7% in the last ten years and is currently the EU’s seventh largest trading partner in region, while Laos joined the WTO last year, opening itself up to the world market. Brunei is a small, but wealthy nation in the ASEAN region committed to the diversification of its market. These fast-growing, market-based economies have already implemented important reforms in the IP legislation, but challenges remain in these constantly changing legal environments.
In this webinar session, you receive key, practical information on how to protect your ideas and innovations when conducting business in/with Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei from Helpdesk expert Somboon Earterasarun, including:
- Value of Intellectual Property
- What are trade marks, patents, and industrial designs?
- IP Registration in Cambodia, Laos and Brunei
- Brief IP enforcement techniques
- Case study on trade mark infringement in Laos
- Potential pitfalls for entrepreneurs
» Download webinar PPT
» Download webinar recording (NB: Due to technical difficulties the webinar introduction is missing please see relevant information in the presentation upload – our apologies for the inconvenience)
Con una forza lavoro sempre più qualificata ed un attraente ambiente imprenditoriale, sempre più aziende europee si stanno espandendo nella regione del Sud-Est Asiatico (ASEAN). Per sfruttare al meglio le opportunità disponibili, tutte le piccole e medie imprese (PMI) devono assicurarsi che i loro diritti di proprietà intellettuale (IPR) siano protetti ed applicabili nei paesi dell'ASEAN con i quali conducono affari (Brunei, Cambogia, Indonesia, Laos, Malesia, Myanmar, Filippine, Singapore, Thailandia e Vietnam).
ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk , in collaborazione con Veneto Innovazione e la rete Enterprise Europe Network Italia, organizza un webinar in lingua italiana per presentare il panorama dei Diritti di Proprietà Intellettuale nella regione dell’ASEAN , per individuare le potenziali insidie per le imprese europee e per descrivere le misure fondamentali che la vostra azienda deve adottare per proteggere le sue innovazioni ed il vantaggio competitivo. Gli argomenti trattati saranno:
- I capisaldi della protezione e gestione dei Diritti di Proprietà Intellettuale nella regione dell’ASEAN
- Valutare e proteggere la vostra Proprietà Intellettuale con un budget limitato
- Valorizzare e proteggere le vostre innovazioni - registrazione del brevetto e del marchio
- Evitare le insidie ??dei Diritti di Proprietà Intellettuale nei paesi dell'ASEAN
- La rivendicazione dei Diritti di Proprietà Intellettuale
- Servizi di assistenza gratuita a disposizione per le imprese italiane
Thanks to decades of industrial growth and political stability, Malaysia has one of the most vibrant economies in the Southeast Asia region. Malaysia is already the EU’s second largest trading partner in the region (after Singapore), offering vast opportunities for EU SMEs.
In this webinar session, participants received key, practical information on how to protect ideas and innovations when conducting business in/with Malaysia. ASEAN Helpdesk expert Chris Hemingway introduced free services available at the Helpdesk and gave an overview of IPR protection strategies in Malaysia, including:
- General background information and legal environment in Malaysia
- IP rights available and registration processes
- IP disputes (ease of enforcement)
- Examples of case law