(Source: DG Trade)
SIZE of Market
- EU exports in goods to Myanmar in 2015: EUR 548 million
- EU imports in goods from Myanmar in 2015: EUR 675 million
- Total trade in goods in 2015: EUR 1,223 million
- EU exports in services to Myanmar in 2014: EUR 312 million
- EU imports in services from Myanmar in 2014: EUR 183 million
- Total trade in services in 2014: EUR 495 million
- Myanmar GDP in 2015: EUR 60.4 billion (Source: DG Trade)
- Myanmar GDP growth in 2015: 7.0% (Source: DG Trade)
In 2015, Myanmar ranked 100th among the EU’s trading partners. Conversely, the EU is Myanmar’s 6th largest trading partner overall (accounting for 3.6% of Myanmar’s total external trade in 2015), following China, Thailand, Singapore, Japan and India.
- Government inefficiencies, corruption and transparency;
- Unclear legal, judicial and bureaucratic systems;
- Large need for infrastructure and skilled labour.
Key INDUSTRY SECTORS - 2015 (Source: DG Trade)