(Source: DG Trade)
SIZE of Market:
- EU exports of goods to Thailand in 2015: EUR 13.4 billion
- EU imports of goods from Thailand in 2015: EUR 19.6 billion
- Total trade in goods in 2015: EUR 32.9 billion
- EU exports of services to Thailand in 2014: EUR 3.2 billion
- EU imports of services from Thailand in 2014: EUR 5.8 billion
- Total trade in services in 2014: EUR 9.0 billion
- Thailand GDP in 2015: EUR 356.3 billion
- Thailand GDP growth in 2015: 2.8%
Total trade in goods in 2015: The EU is Thailand’s 3rd largest trading partner after China and Japan, while Thailand is the EU’s 23rd largest trading partner.
Negotiations for an EU-Thailand Free Trade Agreement (FTA) were formally launched in March 2013, marking an important step in EU-Thai relations. The ambition is to conclude a comprehensive FTA, covering tariffs, nontariff barriers and other trade related issues such as services, investment, procurement, intellectual property, regulatory issues, competition and sustainable development.
Key INDUSTRY SECTORS - 2015