1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Thursday 23 July
Time: 10:00 AM (CEST) - 3:00 PM (ICT)
2. Programme Synopsis & Content:
The recent past has seen rapid growth in the internet economy, particularly the mobile internet in South-East Asia. Fintech-related technology such as ride-sharing, digital payments, and e-commerce makes up a large proportion of this internet economy. In recent years several South-East Asian startups have become ‘unicorns’, and have combined value of more than USD 1 billion. The majority of these are fintech companies involved in app-based commerce.
Join this webinar and explore with the South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk and ASPIRE some key aspects that companies should know when doing business in the FINTECH sector in South-East Asia! Let us give you a glimpse to our discussion points:
How Fintech is doing in South-East Asia?
- MAIN Fintech trends: Lending platform / P2P balance sheet / Buy now - Pay later (consumer) / Neobank / Difference bt B2C/B2B
- Where are the Challenges & Opportunities: Legislation in Vietnam, reaction to Covid-19, EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement generates new opportunities?
- What’s going on in other SEA countries & Case Studies
What to watch out for?
- Remember your invention has economic value!
- What are the WAYs to protect your fintech invention?
- REAL IP learning examples of FINTECH SMEs
- Take-away messages
Our outstanding guest speakers, Dr. Stefano Pellegrino, General Manager of ASPIRE Vietnam will be sharing insights about the Fintech industry, and Jonas Lindsay MSci, Patent Attorney at Marks & Clerk Singapore LLP & External Expert of the SEA IPR SME Helpdesk will be discussing IP concerns related to Fintech.
It’s an opportunity that you shall not MISS!