1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Wednesday 25 November
Time: 10:00 AM (CET) / 4:00 PM (ICT)
2. Programme Synopsis:
What is "Industry 4.0"?
Industry 4.0 refers to improvements in physical and digital technologies making companies more efficient and transforming their decision making, such as A.I., the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), cloud computing, block chain, 3D printing etc. Industry 4.0 technologies involve the development of data and information that are usually easy to copy and disseminate on a large scale. Formulating a smart IP strategy adaptive to these changes is crucial for EU SMEs to be successful in the era of Industry 4.0 (Publications Office of the European Union 2020).
In the framework of IP Considerations related to Industry 4.0, the CEIPI - Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies and South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk would like to present you with insights about the current IP trends related to the Industry 4.0 as well as offer some practical tips/ recommendations on how to protect & enforce your IP rights in this particular industry in SEA.
3. Programme Content:
Speaker 1: Prof. Dr. Alexander Wurzer, Professor for IP-Management, CEIPI.
- How does digitalization change machines, machine environments and finally business ecosystems?
- How can an IP strategy be used to develop and protect digital business models in industry 4.0?
- How to patent digital use cases in an Industry 4.0 context?
- Case study Rittal: How to create patentable cyber physical systems?
Speaker 2: Mr. Tran Manh Hung – External Expert, South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk & Country Managing Partner - Head of IPTech Practice (Vietnam), BMVN International LLC.
- High level view on AI, IoT, 3D printing and how these will resonate with patent trends.
- The impact of AI on IP right.
- The impact of IoT on IP law.
- The impact of 3D printing on IP right.