1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Tuesday 19 January
Time: 10:00 AM (CET) - 4:00 PM (PHT) - 3:00 PM (VNT)
2. Programme Synopsis:
Intellectual Property (IP) law is a key to the competitiveness of companies, especially in a global world economy. Enforcing these rights serves to protect your innovations, can generate income through license agreements or IP sales and should not only become relevant when it is (almost) too late. In the export business in particular, it is therefore important to think about this aspect in good time.
The countries in Southeast Asia are at different stages in their economic and legal development. As a result, your intellectual property (from patents and trademark rights to design and copyrights) is protected differently in these countries.
During our webinar from experts at the South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk, you will learn which pitfalls to watch out for in the individual countries and which steps you can take in advance to optimally protect your intellectual asset.
In addition to the presentations, the webinar also gives you the opportunity to ask questions directly to the speakers. Language: German
- 10.00-10.05 a.m. (CET) Introduction by the AC Manila
- 10.05-10.45 a.m. (CET) Protecting Intellectual Property Rights in SEA
- 10.45-11.00 a.m. (CET) Questions & Answers
3. Programme Content:
Speaker: Dr. Karl Rackette – External Expert, South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk and Patent Attorney in Freiburg, Germany.
- Overview of types of Intellectual Property
- Geographical Overview South-East Asia
- Concept of Property (tangible vs intangible)
- Example with Items Worth Protecting
- Basics about Patents
- Check List
- Making Use of International Treaties
- Searching for IP Rights with examples of Patent, Trade Mark and Design Filings in SEA
How do I sign up?
- Registration is easy via the web form - link
- Conditions of participation
- Participation fee: Our webinars are free of charge for both members and non-members of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce
- Registration deadline: January 18, 2021
Do you still have questions about the webinar?
Then please contact the WKO directly: firstname.lastname@example.org !
If you have any questions about IPR in SOA countries, please do not hesitate to contact our foreign trade centers in Bangkok ( email@example.com ), Ho Chi Minh City ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), Jakarta ( email@example.com ), Kuala Lumpur ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Singapore ( email@example.com ).
Foreign Trade Center Manila:
Contact person: Christina Stieber
T +63 2 81 81 581