1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Wednesday 28 May
Time: 10:00-11:15AM (CET)
2. Programme Content:
This webinar is a unique collaboration between the EIT and the China and South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesks. The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is an independent EU body. Its mission is to increase Europe’s ability to innovate by nurturing entrepreneurial talent and supporting new ideas.
The China and South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesks are EU initiatives that provide free services regarding intellectual property (IP). The aim of the Helpdesks is to have EU SMEs and start-ups make informed and strategic decisions regarding their assets when internationalising their business.
This webinar will be conducted by IP expert Joerg Michael Scheil. The webinar targets start-ups with a general knowledge on Intellectual Property and with an interest in exploring opportunities to cooperate or use AI when doing business in China or South-East Asia. AI is still a relatively novel entry into the industrial tissue of many countries and its presence often seems to raise more questions than answers. Likewise, its coverage by IP is often complex. The webinar will therefore address the following topics:
- Why is IP so important for start-ups?
- The advent of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Which types of IP are there and how are they related to AI?
- How can AI and IP be protected in China and South-East Asia
- Do’s and don’ts with regards to prevention and enforcement of your IP assets in China and South-East Asia.